This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
First, I want to go over the melting pot method for quickly melting butter. This is my preferred method because the candy melt pot evenly distributes heat for even melting, without burning the butter. What’s even better is that this method also comes with minimal mess making for an easy clean-up afterward!
How to Quickly Melt Butter in a Melting Pot:
- First, cut the stick of butter into chunks or slices.
- Then, transfer the butter to the candy melt pot and heat for about 10 minutes while stirring with the spatula.
- The melted butter is ready to use or serve as soon as it reaches the desired consistency.
Melting Method Specs:
- How long does the melting pot method take? 10 minutes
- Level of messiness/clean-up: This method is not very messy at all and the silicone lining of the melting pot makes cleaning up super easy and quick!
- Will the butter burn using the melting pot method? Nope! The candy melt pot does not burn the butter. This also makes the melting pot perfect for melting other foods such as chocolates, candies, and frostings.
How to Melt Butter in Candy Melting Pot
- 1 stick butter